Infographic: Reducing Customer Attrition through Predictive Analytics
It is a truism that business need to win new customers and retain existing customers. Everyone knows that right? But how do we identify who is at risk of leaving? And once we have done this how do we decide what the next best action to take is?
Some customers are low value and any retention program may cost more than its benefit in keeping these customers. Other customers may be high value but a retention campaign may be more likely to increase the probability that these customers will leave.
Beyond a Simple Propensity Based Approach to Customer Retention
‘Traditional’ predictive customer analytics applications focused on identifying customers or groups of customers most likely to churn. This was often via the development of an attrition propensity model.
This simple approach neglects some key questions, such as:
- Do we want to keep this customer?
- Why are they leaving?
- What can we do?
- What will the effect of our intervention be?
- How long will the intervention effect persist for?
Answering these questions is more complex but is where the real ROI lies in predictive CRM for customer retention.
The following infographic is a summary of a best practice process.
More Analytics Blog Posts
- Top tips and tricks for running ANOVA and non-parametric tests along with more advanced forms…Read more >>
- SPSS Statistics Version 26 includes new statistical tests, enhancements to existing statistics and scripting procedures…Read more >>
- Healthcare systems face multiple challenges, including ageing populations, evolving healthcare needs and rising costs. Tailored…Read more >>
- Forecasting predicts future values of a particular quantity based on previously observed values of that…Read more >>
- Alan shows you how identify new, data driven, re-order points for your stock items that…Read more >>
- In this short video you will learn how to run a Time Series model within…Read more >>
- Alan now looks more closely at the quality of information you hold on your inventory.…Read more >>
- Alan takes you through the Smart Inventory Management interactive dashboard, showcasing an overview of your…Read more >>
- In this third video, Alan shows you how to extract the key findings from a…Read more >>
- Join us at the Technology Event of the Year! Watch Rob McCullagh present Presidion’s innovative…Read more >>
- This second video concentrates on using Hold-out samples to create more robust predictive models. In…Read more >>
- SPSS is a fully customisable analytical software. Due to the highly flexible nature of SPSS…Read more >>
- In this video, the first of a series, Alan takes you through running a Decision…Read more >>
- If you have ever found that your company has engaged with Analytics initiatives that have…Read more >>
- In the 4th video of our series you will learn how to build stacked tables,…Read more >>
- In this video you will learn how to tailor your tables, run T-test & create…Read more >>
- In June 2018, I was invited to speak at the UK Manufacturing and Supply Chain…Read more >>
- In this video you will learn how to protect respondent's identity and boost the statistical…Read more >>
- Best practices and key considerations before, during and after deploying an analytical initiative to maximise…Read more >>
- In the first video of the IBM SPSS Custom Tables series you will learn: How…Read more >>
- I’ve often seen analytics described primarily by way of the technical complexity of the techniques.…Read more >>
- Being able to effectively measure a RoI on the back of an Advanced Analytics project…Read more >>
- Throughout industries analytics has taken on an almost ubiquitous nature of late. There are increasing…Read more >>
- Analytics is being discussed more and more often in top table conversations, but why do…Read more >>
- Watch Pierre Baviera speaking at “Demystifying Data” Business Breakfast at the Imperial Hotel (Cork), in…Read more >>
- A 3 step process to Understand, Assess and Audit your Data for Advanced Analytics.Read more >>
- Presidion’s Framework Approach for a Technology Review involves a 3 step process, leading to the…Read more >>
- With inspirational quotes from Data and Analytics gurus worldwide.Read more >>
- Take the Analytical Maturity model presented in Thomas Davenport’s “Competing on Analytics”. Would you consider…Read more >>
- There are times when deploying advanced analytics initiatives can feel like you are in a…Read more >>
- After our last A4B “War Stories - Data Analyst Down”, we asked the keynote speaker,…Read more >>
- The truth is that there are many factors and forces at work that help build…Read more >>
- While I’m not sure this statement is true when referring to people, I really believe…Read more >>
- As I observe and read about the raging fires causing massive destruction, I have been…Read more >>
- After our last A4B we asked the keynote speaker, Anthony O’Neill (Director, Analytics Centre of…Read more >>
- The science and psychology to get the 'Bikini Body' you have always wanted (with Predictive…Read more >>
- The reasons behind, and some hints to help you during difficult conversations and challenging situations!Read more >>
- When you start with Analytics you might feel overwhelmed, you have all that incredible power…Read more >>
- Preventative and Conditional Maintenance are often mistaken with Predictive Maintenance. This animation gives you an…Read more >>
- Reports from the insurance industry consistently highlight that the quality of customer experience remains the…Read more >>
- Unlike the consumer sector, manufacturers have been using IoT for years. Properly focused IoT capabilities…Read more >>
- The World is going through the Digital Revolution. What does it practically mean? Well, it…Read more >>
- Does your organisation struggle with understanding how to use analytics? These days it is not…Read more >>
- As a CEO, it’s important that you not just have some good one liners to…Read more >>
- Predictive Maintenance, the modern approach to maintenance that maximises productivity while reducing overall costs.Read more >>
- It is a truism that business need to win new customers and retain existing customers.…Read more >>
- Oil and Gas companies are borrowing from data rich industries to transform their maintenance procedures.…Read more >>
- Will the reign of terror ever end? Can we fight ISIS? Here are the tangible…Read more >>
- Answers to key questions and tips for creating a clear strategy to deliver Big Insights…Read more >>
- More often than not predictive analytics projects represent unfulfilled potential. Is your next project doomed…Read more >>
- Using asset specific data to predict where, when and why a specific asset will fail…Read more >>
- Can one of the most common applications in Retail sector (Market Basket Analysis), determine Next…Read more >>
- With the explosion of Big Data in the past few years there has been a…Read more >>
- One of the most important elements of any data analytics project within any business is…Read more >>
- 7 Lessons I wish I paid more attention to on every Predictive Analytics Project - All assumptions are false!How many times do you have to be told something before you believe it? Do…Read more >>
- Do you think you are a “good” Analyst? Are there certain traits, attributes and qualities…Read more >>
- Good predictive models take the time and experience of skilled analysts to develop. How do…Read more >>
- We hear that “Data is the new Oil” but how do you extract real value…Read more >>
- Fraud in organizations can be epidemic if not curbed at the inception. According to a…Read more >>
- Were you ever faced with identifying insights from open ended text data? From call center…Read more >>
- The Irish playwright was on the money - no matter what way you look at…Read more >>
- There are two certainties in life, death and taxes. This proverb rings true especially for…Read more >>