How can Predictive Analytics help the Food Industry?
That is the question that Barry McIntyre, Director at Presidion, was asked to answer at the World Food Technology & Innovation Forum 2013 in Dublin.
On 5th-6th March of 2013, The Annual World Food Technology and Innovation Forum will brought together world leaders in food research and development, food innovation, marketing and food technology to debate and shape the future of the food industry. The event took place at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland.
As customers become more and more powerful, it is more important than ever to listen closely and anticipate changes, trends and new needs to make smart decisions that generate measurable benefits. By applying Predictive Analytics to their data, many organisations around the world are optimising resources and meeting objectives. Their data help them identify patterns and trends in events, behaviours, or attitudes, and plan effective, efficient responses.
Barry McIntyre joined other speakers from leading companies such as Kerry Foods, Nestlé, Wrigley, Burts Potato Chips and many more who shared on the day case studies, presentations and panel discussions. The main topics discussed at the event were:
- Understanding and communicating with the new consumers vis-à-vis the current economic crisis
- Using social media to create new consumer interaction and food innovation strategies
- New food research and development strategies
- Creating successful open innovation networks to stimulate fresh innovation
- New ingredient innovations
- Capitalising on the growth in premium and luxury food sales
- Strengthening the brand against private label competition
- Innovation in health food products
For more information about the event, visit the Food Technology and Innovation Forum event website.
You can access the slides of the Barry McIntyre’s presentation following this link
If you would like to know more about how Predictive Analytics can help you achieve your goals, contact us.