Case Study: Rabobank
- IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics
“After a thorough investigation of the analytical solutions in the market, we selected IBM SPSS predictive analytics software for its ease of use for the business users and the extensive insight it provides into customer behavior and profitability.The software generates results rapidly. In addition, the software fits smoothly into our current CRM environment, thus providing a solid, future-proof platform for us to engage with our customers on a personal basis across any channel.”
Paul Groenland – Project manager, database marketing, Rabobank
Leading bank uses IBM SPSS predictive analytic solution to lower costs and generate higher returns on marketing campaigns.
Rabobank is a cooperative in which all banks of the Rabobank Group, the largest financial services provider in the Netherlands, have combined their forces. Headquartered in Utrecht, Rabobank functions as the general and technical services company of all 328 affiliated Rabobank offices. The organization supports and advises the local banks on strategy, policy, marketing, product development and information technology. In addition, the local banks can offer personalized and complete financial offers to their 7.5 million private and corporate customers via the specialized subsidiaries of Rabobank, such as Interpolis, De Lage Landen and Robeco.
The financial services leader wanted to optimize its market and customer information – getting a better picture of individual customers – to create strategic offers for cross-, up- and deep-selling initiatives.
Rabobank uses IBM SPSS predictive analytics software to create and execute targeted direct marketing and lead generation campaigns. By combining knowledge obtained from market research and data mining, the financial services provider has an up-to-date picture of the marketing possibilities within new and existing target groups.
- Acquisition, cross-selling and retention campaigns are more accurately targeted – reducing campaign costs and increasing success rates.
- Rabobank can now determine the best way to approach the customer, considering a customer’s background and preferences, such as being contacted in person by an advisor or via a mailing.
- Local banks and advisors have access to timely and targeted leads, so they can quickly respond to individual customers’ wishes.
- Marketing initiatives can be launched much faster thanks to user- friendly models – completion time decreased by up to four weeks.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2010