Discovering the Value of Decision Optimisation
Join Presidion and IBM for the upcoming Proof of Technology event ‘Discovering the value of Optimization’ that will take place in IBM South Bank on 20th October.
This Proof of Technology event provides a hands on experience for customers who want to understand how to create, manage and deploy Optimised Decision making and planning across enterprise sources to enable better business decisions.
This session is free of charge but spaces are limited – Book your place now!
The event will focus on how IBM Decision Optimization Solutions are providing proven and rapid ROI by helping organisations create the best possible price plans, explore alternatives, understand trade-offs, and respond to changes in their business environment.
Who should Attend:
Directors and Managers in Manufacturing and Utilities industries with a role related to Operations, Asset Management, Quality, Predictive Maintenance, etc.
After the event you will:
- Have a greater understanding on how to focus on busienss change and positive stagke holder outcomes.
- Understand how other industry outcomes can be used in your organisation.
- Have a better understanding on where optimisation specifically fits into your current executive role and those of your colleagues
- Understand the possible roadmaps to optimisation success from a tactical and strategic point of view.
- Indepth understand of change management required to use data effectivly and efficiently.
- Know how to gain those extra 5% of an edge in manufacturing processes.
Register below to book your place.
- 8.45 – Registration and Welcome
- 9.00 – Barry McIntyre, Presidion – How are Advanced Analytics to shape Executive Decisions in Manufacturing and Utilities
- 9.30 – Eddie Griffiths, IBM – Personal experiences of game-changing outcomes from using Decision Optimisation
- 10.00 – Andrew Bullock – A look at the business benefits of Optimisation to an organisations executive stakeholders
- 10.30 – Coffee Break
- 10:45 – Speaker 4 TBC
- 11.15 – Workshop – Application of case studies to individual roles and mapping out areas for improvement and success.
- 11.50 Closing and Networking
More info on speakers and sessions below
Sessions and Speakers
Barry McIntyre, Presidion
Session: How are Advanced Analytics going to shape Executive decisions in Manufacturing and Utilities.
What type of outcomes are executives currently able to achieve and how will this change in the near future. Using a wide range of case studies and research Barry will look at organisations with different levels of analytical maturity. His focus will be in the areas of how does this effect costs, profitability, time to decisions, throughput, regulation compliance, forward planning and help executives succeed in a highly competitive arena.
Barry has been lecturing in Advanced Analytics in the MBA in Trinity College and working with multiple organisations over the last 20 years helping them to implement advanced analytics to aid Executive Decision making.
Eddie Griffiths, IBM
Session: Personal experiences of game-changing outcomes from using Decision Optimisation.
How optimisation was used by Lafarge to operate significantly more efficiently across a variety of businesses and countries. This will include Real Time Distribution Schedule Optimisation, Sales and Operations Planning, Investment/Divestment Decision Optimisation, Shift Optimisation, depot Location Optimisation and Fleet Optimisation. The presentation will be about the practical experience of the businesses and the expected and unexpected outcomes.
Bio: Prior to joining IBM towards the end of 2015. Eddie Griffiths worked for several years within the Lafarge Group, delivering significant benefit through decision optimisation solutions in several European Operations.
Session: A look at the business benefits of Optimisation to an organisations executive stakeholders.
How optimisation and prescriptive analytics more generally fit into the overall analytics space, the business benefits that optimisation can bring to an organisation’s various stakeholders, particularly for utilities organisations, and what is required to implement optimisation (including pitfalls), illustrated through some case studies. Overall, show that optimisation is achievable and brings real business benefits.
Bio: Andrew has been working with Executives across multiple industries (Utility, Energy, Manufacturing) more recently focused in utilities helping them achieve optimisation success.